Taking a spa vacation with your girlfriends? Taking a long personal getaway? Or joining your husband on his golf trip and heard the resort has a spa?
I am commonly asked what I pack for my spa vacations. My usual response is half the clothes and twice the cash. In all seriousness, I have devised a mini check list below. Ideally, I call the spa ahead of time to see what type of accommodations they have and if they have any recommendations on what to bring. (For example if they have a pool I bring extra swim suit. If the spa furnishes luxurious robes I leave mine at home.)
My Packing List
- My travel purse, wallet and ID
- Passport – if I am traveling internationally
- Itinerary, Hotel Reservations/Telephone and Airline Flight Times/Transportation Information
- Personal Care Items
- Proper Clothing – I typically print out a forecast for the duration of my trip. If forecast calls for rain I pack an umbrella and/ or rain jacket.
- Flip Flops/Sandals/Walking Shoes
- Sunglasses,Sunscreen, lip balm (especially I am visiting a warm weather destination)
- Camera – Charger, Camera Bag, Extra Battery, Film/Memory Card
- Laptop and charger (better yet..leave it home if you can)
- Mobile Phone and Charger (both home and car charger)
- Bluetooth speaker, MP3 Player/iPod/Phone and Charger
- Beach Towel
- Bathing Suits (at least two)
- Workout Gear and Shoes
- A Good Book or Magazines
If it is a true spa getaway I try to pack lightly. Less baggage equals less headaches. I tend to keep jewelry to a minimum and make sure I can mix and match my outfits using the same base colors so I can keep my shoes to a minimum.
Calling ahead and using a checklist helps me stay organized and reduce my stress levels. I always hate the feeling I left something at home while I first start my trek. That is why I pack twice the cash. If I forget a small item I am not going to let it ruin my trip, I will just pick it up or live without it for a few days.